Leaving Florida Wrecked My Skin

 

Leaving Florida Wrecked My Skin

When my husband and I retired at the end of 2020 in Florida and we moved to the north Georgia mountains, my (our skin, really) skin took a beating.  For 36 years, I had lived in a climate that was extremely humid and while I moisturized my arms and legs daily, I'd never had any issues with dry skin.

Now, I live in a climate where the humidity tends to run pretty low and summers tend to be pretty dry.  My skin has been much drier and I've made more trips to the dermatologist than I ever have in my 55 years on this planet.  It wasn't until I had a conversation with my dental hygienist that I learned about what she has been doing for her littles, all of who have issues with eczema.

After tons of visits to the doctors, testing, and skin infections, my sweet hygienist found La Roche-Posay.  Their Lipikar AP+ line is amaza-balls!


I'm a huge fan of their Lipikar AP+ Gentle Foaming Moisturizing Wash, which is good for both face and body.  It's a gentle moisturizing wash that doesn't strip my skin and leave it feeling abused.  I use it both morning and night on my face and body.

Once I'm done showering, I gently towel-dry and immediately slather on the Lipikar AP+ Triple Repair Moisturizing Cream for an all-day protective moisturizing barrier.  I have never believed in the moisturizing directly following a shower until La Roche-Posay.  Honestly, this is the best way to lock in all that good moisture that your skin just soaked in while showering.  And don't forget to slather the lotion all over your fingernails and cuticles to protect them from getting all dry and brittle.


After beginning to follow Dr. Daniel Sugai, a dermatologist on Tiktok, I've discovered serums.  So I did a skin care analysis on the La Roche-Posay website and found the products that I should be using to improve the issues I have with my skin. After getting a really fabulous coupon in my email when I signed up to received their emails, I purchased two of the products for my most-pressing issues.  I using the Vitamin C Serum in the morning and the Glycolic B5 Serum in the evening.  My next purchase is going to be their Niacinamide Serum.

I really love that all of their products are either less expensive or comparably priced with similar products so I'm not breaking the bank to look good.  Plus, they send out discounts when you sign up for emails and texts AND you can Rakuten cash back as well.  Not using Rakuten?  Sign up HERE.  When you sign up at that link, you'll get $30 cash back after you spend $30. 

So, that's how leaving Florida wrecked my skin.  Leaving the humidity for cooler climes might have dried my skin out, but thanks to La Roche-Posay, it's looking healthy and better than it's had in years.


This post contains referral links.